Makeup Tips and Tricks to Practice During Quarantine
Apr 29, 2020 | by Abhijeet Ghude
Now is the right time to practice on your mad makeup skills! Check out these pro tips on how to make the most out of all your makeup:
1. When applying your base, use your fingers as you would your moisturizer (just make sure your hands are clean!). This will warm up your foundation which will give the most natural-looking base, and won’t waste any product! Sponges tend to absorb a lot of product, and makeup ends up more on your sponge than on your face!
2. Use a precise brow pencil to outline your desired eyebrow shape, and fill in with brow powder. Blend everything with a spoolie. Using wet damp eyebrow brushes can make your brows look fake and mannequin like.
3. Work your way in! Applying your liquid eyeliner from the outside going in works best, this is so you can see where the wing of your eyeliner starts.
4. Your highlighter can make or break your look. Using too much at the wrong places can make you look oily so stick to the key areas of your face: cheekbones, center of your forehead, and chin. Skip the nose! You do not want to look greasy!
5. Make your lipstick last. Fill in your lips with a lip liner first that matches your lipstick and apply your lipstick on top of it. This will make your lipstick adhere better! Start by outlining from the cupid’s bow working your way outward.
Video tutorials will have you believe that there's only one style of makeup when there are a lot of styles of makeup. Practicing will help you find your own personal style. You don't have to do extreme contour if you don’t want to, find out which one works for your skin and your features. It just takes a bit of trial and error.